Sunday 10 May 2009

MTV's My super sweet 16 & medicine men in south America

Today i was watching a show on MTV called "my super sweet 16" If your unaware of this show its a programme which shows you kids building up to there 16th bday party. It was an American show first then there was a uk version.

The 1 i saw today was a special episode called "super brats" which was so true, the kids on it were little shit bags, the way they spoke to there parents was shocking, the moms/dads were spending 1000's of £'s (well more like 1000's of $ as it was the usa series) The one little bitch was cussing her mom out right because she didnt wanna spend nearly £800 on 1 dress (around $1600) and the kid told her to shove it up her ass, now if I spoke to my mom like that she would have kicked my ass & i would deserve a good slap too.

The Ego of these kids was shocking, it makes me sick to the bottom of my stomach that there moaning & playing up because there parents wont spend huge amounts of cash on some stupid dress, I allways think when i see things like that, somewhere in the world at that moment kids younger than the ones on the show are starving to death because they aint got a single £ or $1 to there name to get food to eat for that day. MTV shows this kinda show as if the way there going on is normall, I dont know what it is, but it makes me MAD as hell to see this. There is something SO wrong in this & i think if the kids ego is that big at 15 what are they gonna be like in 10 years time. The "best" part was the snotty nosed fucker getting a BMW 600 series car, if my memory is correct the engine was a 4 litre, how in gods name can the kid drive that? if there is any justice she would crash it on her first drive.

SHe also got a 30 grand diamond covered Rolex watch, i was thinking I wonder how many black people in some 3rd world country had to work for 12 hour day to get those diamonds just so some little brat can have some bling & brag/show off to her freinds. This kinda thing makes me so angry & it makes me feel as if western culture & 90% of people's aspirations are SO wrong were doomed as a culture unless we wise up very soon, I feel as if were being fed a type of poison which is killing our spirit in some kinda way.

After watching this show for 3 episodes (its like tooth ache you know its painful but you just cant help but touch lol) I turned off & came on the net.
Now I have allways been obsessed with south American "Brujo" shamanism / Medicine men culture & the work they do. I was doing a search on that subject & found this AMAZING film on a south American shaman who was passing his knowledge onto the younger people in his tribe. The 1 person he was showing the information too was a 16 year old boy. The shaman said it was very hard to become a medicine man with many long years of learning including many long trips on drugs such as DMT etc & you had to do at least 1 year totally on your own in the jungle to learn "the way of the spirits" What this guy had to say was so amazing, he seemed to me to be 1 of the most wise men i had ever heard speak, he had a grasp on life than NO western mind would ever be bale to grasp.

What i am trying to get to say is this........Our culture (western views & aspirations) to me seem almost terminally ill. We are raised to believe life is all about how much money you have, the car you drive, the clothes you wear, how many times you had sex, the size of your cock. Western ladys seem to be drawn to men with huge ego's. I have had so little sex etc in my 27 years on this planet, I've had less than 5 partners in my time because i fully reject "bling" culture. I have NO desire to drive a flash car or have a Rolex watch with diamonds in it (if i did i would be more fussed about the poor people getting payed a few 3's a day who had to get the diamonds out the ground)
some times i feel as if I am the only person in the uk that feels this way.


What i'm saying is the kid in the Amazon who only was wearing a pair of shorts was a far "richer" person than this girl off the MTV show. I dont mean rich as in £'s but in a "human being" way.

I feel the western world has lost its way on the road of life & we have been robbed of "culture" I saw that kid in Peru as far better off than any of those kids on the MTV show. I am sure 99.9% of people reading this must think I am mad that i rate someone living in a mud & wood hut with no I-pod, plasma tv, huge BHP car, designer clothes etc as better off that someone who DOES have these goods but to me its the snob from orange county USA who is far worse off. She will NEVER EVER know true life & will be a SOUL LESS piece of ego forever while the kid in the amazon lives more of life in 5 mins than that girl will ever know about.

I want to close this blog with a quote from a book by Jim Morrison (lead singer of the group The Doors)

Jim Morrison from the Book The lords & the new creatures - We are content with the "given" in sensation's quest. We have been metamorphosised from a mad body dancing on hillsides to a pair of eyes staring in the dark

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I happened to come upon your blog for searching for someone who have the same thought of me. Those brats in the "My Super Sweet 16" are down right arrogant and rude. They think they are the richest and so on. I'm watching the episode of Freddy's sweet 16. He even had auditions for people who wanted to come to his party. What kind of teenagers would do this kind of thing? Freddy. And, he even got Perez Hilton to have a message for him to go to Hollywood for a LA acting class. This world is so unfair. Over the other part of the country, some kids his age are straving and die of hunger while that Freddy storm off at his party planner for not making it perfect. They said that his party cost £20,000 to £30,000. I feel that he should be disciplined. And also, that Freddy wanted his guests party to be his fans. Disappointed at this kind of youth. FYI, I'm the same age as him but I feel that i'm really "richer" than him.

    ReplyDelete